In the packaging industry, 'Container Orientation' is the controlled change of direction or position of a rigid container.
Container orientation is a critical operation as more packaging designs result in container shapes that are either more functional, more noticable, easier to use, or a closer reflection of their brand.
Uniquely shaped containers create packaging line challenges as containers must be precisely oriented prior to the filling, capping and labelling processes.
Ontrack’s range of in-line and rotary orienter systems provide a wide array of turn-key container orienting solutions for uniquely shaped,and typically difficult to handle, container designs.
Fast, versatile, easy to operate and maintain, Ontrack orienters are custom configured in various frame sizes and head configurations and can handle glass or plastic containers of almost any size or shape.
Standard features include automatic speed controls, finger tip settings, digital speed read-out, and power height adjustment.
Ontrack Secondary Orienters
Click to see the Ontrack 3600 Rotary Orienter in action
Product Features and Capabilities
- Testing speeds up to 600 containers per minute
- Quick Change container handling parts
- Choose from various frame sizes, and head configurations
- Glass or plastic containers of almost any size or shape
- 90˚, 180˚, 270˚ bottle orientation capabilities
- Appropriate sensing system to suit container
- Programmable PLC controls
- Variable frequency drive
Easy to Operate
- Automatic speed controls with finger tip settings
- Digital speed read-out in containers per minute
- Power height adjustment
Easy to Maintain
- Stainless steel and aluminum construction
- High quality with many years of proven reliability
- Low operating cost
- Automatic stop in the event of a container jam with indicator lights to signal the problem source
- Braking system stops machine instantly in the event of an emergency stop
- Complete guarding
- Fingertip adjustment of two-speed drive which shifts automatically to high or low speed according to sensed bottle accumulation before and after orienter
- Power height adjustment Options
- Dual feed screw system
- Synchronous drive arrangement Multiple configurations available to suit specific application requirements
Click here to download an Ontrack Orienter brochure PDF